Talking Rock Pottery Membership Guidelines
Membership is intended to offer the equipment and services at TRP as economically as possible. Membership provides you with the following benefits:
- Reduced Studio costs – STUDIO HOURS ARE 24/7 EXCEPT FOR DURING CLASSES AS POSTED ON GOOGLE CALENDAR – Due on first of each month
- Unlimited – $125/month
- Reduced Material Costs
- $35 for All-in clay costs- purchase your clay at a cost that includes access to studio glazes and kiln firing services. Outside clay and glaze is not allowed unless pre-approved by Heather
- Reduced Class Costs
- Classes are 25% off for TRP Members
- TRP Members are given first preference for upcoming classes
- Access to equipment
- Use TRP wheels, slab roller, extruder, studio tools
- Each member gets an assigned shelf for storing their work and tools
Guidelines for Memberships at TRP
- TRP is a teaching/hobby studio and not intended for production potters. If you plan to sell your work, please discuss with Heather so we have a clear agreement on how much work your membership will support.
- Membership is for adult potters (16 and over) – If you must bring littles, make sure they are not disrupting other members and that you bring projects to keep them safe and busy.
- Members must be proficient at using studio equipment and require no instruction or oversight. Please be mindful that everyone is at the studio to work on their own projects. Please don’t expect more experienced potters to provide impromptu lessons.
- If you find yourself in need of instruction or training, please arrange with Heather in advance. Heather@talkingrockpottery.com.
- The store is open Friday and Saturdays 11-5 – please purchase supplies then.
- Cell phone should be on silent while working in studio…and phone conversations handled outside immediate studio area.
- Work areas MUST be left clean. This includes the glaze station, sinks, hand-building area and wheels.
- Periodically, a member work day will be announced to do deep cleaning, pugging clay, upgrades, etc. We will make this a fun experience – chance to meet other members.
As our numbers increase, it becomes more important that everyone pull together to maintain an organized and productive work area. Thanks for your support and cooperation.